Effective Date: November 17, 2023
What Are Cookies?
Cookies can be categorized as follows:
- First-party cookies: Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, WFCA).
- Third-party cookies: Cookies set by parties other than the website owner, which enable third-party features or functionality on the website (e.g., advertising, analytics).
We use both first-party and third-party cookies for several purposes:
- Essential Cookies: Some cookies are necessary for the technical operation of our Website and are referred to as “essential” or “strictly necessary” cookies.
- User Experience Enhancement: Other cookies help us track and target the interests of our users to improve their experience on our Website.
- Third-Party Services: We may also allow third parties to set cookies on our Website for purposes such as advertising and analytics.
How Can I Control Cookies?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. Please note that essential cookies cannot be rejected as they are required for the proper functioning of our Website. If you choose to reject cookies, some Website functionality may be limited. You can manage your cookie preferences through your web browser controls. As the process for refusing cookies varies by browser, consult your browser’s help menu for specific instructions.
What About Other Tracking Technologies?
In addition to cookies, we may use similar technologies such as web beacons (sometimes called “tracking pixels” or “clear gifs”). These tiny graphics files contain unique identifiers that help us recognize visitors to our Website or recipients of our emails. Web beacons are often reliant on cookies to function properly.
Do We Serve Targeted Advertising?
Third parties may place cookies on your device to deliver relevant advertisements through our Website. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website and other websites to provide you with advertisements tailored to your interests. This process does not identify you unless you choose to provide personal information.
Western Forestry Contractors’ Association (WFCA)
Mail: Suite 720 – 999 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC V5Z 1K5 Canada