Dear Minister Donaldson:
The WFCA represents the seedling nursery, silviculture contracting and forestry consulting firms that make up the reforestation service sector of British Columbia. As an organization we have a keen interest in the Forest and Range Practices Act and the proposed Amendment Act, 2019 – Bill 21. The WFCA welcomes the opportunity to comment and provide input to this important process.
The WFCA is supportive of the proposed changes to FRPA including;
• more frequent and reliable opportunities for public input
• improved information sharing in forest planning
• strengthening the Minister’s ability to manage forest planning
• expanding the definition of wildlife in the Act
• improving and streamlining range use planning
These, along with the additional ones we suggest in this submission, are all critical objectives that speak to important relationships and practices in forest and range stewardship.
Read the full letter here.