The WSCA will hold its 2015 Annual Summer Business Summit on Wednesday, September 2nd in Richmond, BC.
The agenda will look at planting for 2016, BCTS’s proposed contractor rating system, and revising the standing offer for contract fire fighting to mention some of the topics. Read more)
1. 2016 planting demand projections based on sowing requests received to date
2. Introduction to the BCTS contractor rating system to be used in awarding future BCTS silviculture contracts
3. Overview of the Province’s Forests For Tomorrow and Land Based Investment Strategy for 2016
4. Bringing silviculture contracting under the Forestry Service Providers Compensation Fund Regulation
5. Reviewing revisions to the WSCA Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
6. Developing a more balanced standing offer for wildfire suppression services in BC
7. Review of proposed changes for procurement practices for coastal silviculture work presented to Coast Harvest Advisory Group
8. Implementing “not competing on safety” as a concept and a practice in the silviculture services market
Please register ahead of time through the WSCA office at email@example.com or 604-736-8660. Registration fee is by donation.
DATE: Wednesday, September 2nd, 2015
TIME: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
PLACE: Executive Airport Plaza Hotel, 7311 Westminster Hwy, Richmond, BC V6X 1A3
- $139.00 / night include
- free overnight parking
- free internet / wifi
- free local calls
- free airport shuttle
* Rate will be honoured 3 days prior and 3 days after Wednesday, September 2nd
* Call (604) 278-5555 or 1-800-663-2878 and quote WSCA to make your reservation
PARKING: If you’re not staying at the hotel, the full day parking rate has been discounted for WSCA attendees at $7.50 / day. Please go to the front desk for a special parking pass.